I really love being part of the Bernard Matthews Family Panel. It’s been so much fun and super challenging too.
The latest challenge was to cook for three days in a row using Bernard Matthews Turkey Chunks as the main ingredient. Bernard Matthews provided all the ingredients, which was astounding, and the three dishes we would be cooking. Oh and some cute props relating to each country.
Visiting Mexico – Turkey Fajitas
- 300g Roast Turkey chunks (3 packets)
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Green Pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp of Mild Curry Powder
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 6 Tortilla Wraps
- 200g Cheese, Grated
- Salsa (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onions and peppers. Fry until nearly soft.
- Add the curry powder and tomato puree. Mix thoroughly so that all ingredients get coated. You can also add a tiny bit of salsa at this point, 1 tbsp.
- When peppers are soft, add turkey chunks. Mix thoroughly and heat for about 5-8 minutes.
- Heat torilla wraps (microwave is abou 35-40 seconds, can also be done in oven.
- Lay 1 wrap per person. Add the turkey/pepper mix and sprinkle cheese over the top. You can also add the salsa and/or Guacamole. Roll wrap
- Serve with a lovely Mexican Maraca!
We’ve cooked fajitas before. I was given a recipe to follow which included how to make your own guacamole and salsa. I failed big time on them (above’s situation could have been avoided) so they haven’t been included in my photos or recipe. Plus it took so long to prepare and for me, that isn’t an enjoyable family friendly meal when you have a baby, toddler and demanding child to tackle all at once.
I actually love cooking fajitas. It’s one of hubby’s favourite meals and when you use pre-made salsa then it’s very quick and easy! It’s also yummy. The girls love this recipe and really enjoyed shaking their Mexican maracas.We had my MiL and BiL over for food too and they equally enjoyed the fajitas.