My favourite drink is water. It’s the only thing that really quenches my thirst in the summer. But it’s now winter and I am going to admit that I’m drinking much less. There’s not that heat that makes your mouth dry and gasping for some liquid. But have no fear because Robinsons have come to my rescue and I’m here to share one of my favourite drinks from their new seasonal recipes using their famous squashes.
I chose a cold drink because although 62% of people they questioned said they drink more hot drinks at this time of the year, I am not a hot drink drinker. I made the really refreshing Chilling Jelly Float and this is how you do it:
You will need:
- 200ml Robinsons Apple & Blackcurrant Squash
- 4 Gelatin Sheets
- Sugar Free Lemonade or Soda Water
- 4 tsp of Pomegranate Seeds
- Place the gelatin sheets in a small saucepan. Pour the Robinsons Apple & Blackcurrent over them and leave to soak for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Gently warm the mixture over a low heat until completely dissolved. Do not let it boil.
- Pour into a measuring jug, pour in the lemonade or soda water until it reaches 600ml. Then put the jug in the fridge to set. This will usually take about 2 hours or more.
- When completely set, stir to break the jelly up. Divide it between 4 glasses. Add a teaspoon of pomegranate seeds to each glass then pour the lemonade or soda water until just covering the jelly (I got this a little wrong but it still tasted delicious).
It was a very strange textured drink with the jelly inside but so fruity! I can definitely see this being a favourite in the summer too. By creating different flavours other than just the squash with water on its own, really mixes up your drinking options and helps to remind you to drink more. Water plays a vital part in our bodily functions, headaches and tiredness are signs to watch out for and prompts that maybe you should be drinking more.
How do you make sure you’re getting enough water in the winter?
*This is a collaborative post*