I am really struggling to keep my girls occupied this school holidays. They seem to do something for about ten minutes at a time if I am lucky, then they’ll want to do something else. P2 seems really into baking at the moment so I have tried to do as much as I can. I also wanted some really healthy snacks for the girls to munch on too after being inspired by a recent trip to the spa and listening to a nutritionist.
These Mini Banana, Blueberry and Chia Muffins are super healthy. In fact there’s no sugar in this recipe and it uses delicious ingredients that are super nutritious. The Chia Seeds, Bananas and Blueberries are really great for kids and the miniature sized muffins are perfect for a mid morning or late afternoon snack. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
- 2 mashed Bananas
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 100g Plain Flour
- 50g Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 15g melted Butter
- 75g Greek Yoghurt
- 1 beaten Egg
- Preheat oven to 190c (fan assisted). Grease the insides of a mini muffin tray (24 wells).
- Mix together the bananas, chia seeds, blueberries, egg, yoghurt and butter into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour and baking powder.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients thoroughly.
- Spoon around 1 tbsp of mixture into each mini muffin well. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool and serve as a healthy snack.